GARLIC BUTTER PORK BITES WITH LEMON GREEN BEANS
30 Min | 4 Servings | 580 Cal
- 1 1/2 lb pork chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and blanched
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh chopped parsley for the garnish
- Lemon slices, for the garnish
1. To make the garlic butter pork cubes: In a shallow plate, sprinkle pork bites with cajun seasoning and toss to coat well. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until hot.
2. Sear the pork bites in batches on each side for 2-3 minutes until edges are crispy and browned, adding extra oil as needed. Remove the browned pork bites from the skillet and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the skillet and heat until melted. Sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds) while scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Deglaze with lemon juice and vegetable broth.
4. Throw blanched green beans into the pan and toss in the lemon butter sauce to coat well. Cook green beans for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly using tongs.
5. Push cooked green beans on the side and return the pork bites into the pan. Toss pork bites through the garlic butter sauce to coat evenly. Serve the garlic butter pork bites and lemon green beans with lemon slices, sprinkled with fresh parsley and red chili pepper flakes if you like.